Studies have discovered that swallowing semen is beneficial to women’s health with less potential dangers if proper medical check is done.
What is Semen?
Semen is a complex substance created by the male reproductive organs during sexual activites. The fluid is made mostly of water, plasma, and mucus (a lubricating substance).
However, many people mistakenly believe that sperm and semen are the same thing, yet they are not.
Semen and sperm are similar to squares and rectangles in that sperm is a part of semen while semen is not.
Earlier studies revealed that these compounds contain vitamins and anti-depressants in addition to elevating mood, increasing attachment, and inducing sleep.
The semen contains 5 to 25 calories, and is made up of small amounts of essential nutrients including; Calcium, Citrate, Fructose, Glucose, Lactic Acid, Magnesium, Potassium, Protein, Zinc.
If you perform oral sex on a male, you’ll likely take in some semen, even if you spit most of it out.
In addition to nutrients, semen also contains sperm. Sperm are the cells that can fertilize a female’s eggs to create offspring. One ejaculation can contain 200,000,000 to 300,000,000 sperm. They need nutrients because they must travel a great distance and withstand the harsh environment of the vagina. The nutrients found in semen will keep the sperm alive and provide energy while they race to the egg. Their main energy source is fructose, a type of sugar.
Amazing Health Benefits Of Swallowing Semen Not Sperm
Elevates your mood
Doctors say that when women have an orgasm, then the ‘love hormone oxytocin is released and this helps to elevate their mood. Orgasm for men could work as an anti-depressant because the moment a man ejaculates he gets tremendous pleasure that gets rid of all worries and issues he might have.
Helps you sleep better
You’re usually worn out after s3x, but that may not be why you sleep so well that night. Semen actually contains melatonin, which is a chemical that induces sleep and relaxation. Whether you ingest it or receive it through intercourse, it will enter your bloodstream and help you doze off better than most over-the-counter sleep aids.
Lowers blood pressure
According to a study, swallowing semen on a regular basis can lower your blood pressure. Women who swallow their male mate’s sperm during oral s3x often have a much lower risk of getting preeclampsia — a complication during pregnancy that results in super-high blood pressure. So semen is helpful in making and birthing a baby.
Skin Tone Improvement
A 2009 study showed that semen may slow down the ageing process of your skin and muscles. Semen contains a healthy portion of zinc, which is an antioxidant.
Even though the semen is made of many essential nutrients as mentioned above, taking it in also puts you at a greater risk.
Potential risks of swallowing semen
You may be at risk of contracting STIs
If you’re swallowing semen, you’re likely not using a condom. And, like most other s3x acts performed without a condom, contracting a s3xually transmitted infection (STI) is always a probability.
Experts say having semen in your mouth puts you at risk of bacterial infections such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia.
If you’ve ever felt sick after swallowing semen, it could be because you have a semen allergy.
Semen allergies affect women and may cause symptoms such as pain, itching, redness, swelling, hives, and difficulty breathing. Some women have also reported feeling nauseous after swallowing semen.
How To Prevent Side Effect From Swallowing Semen
1) Pay attention to the look and smell of your partner’s semen. The color and smell of it will help you know if there is a problem. It should have a whitish to grayish color and faint to no smell. If the semen has a foul smell, there could be an infection or health problem.
Red-colored semen can indicate inflammation of the glands that produce it. Yellow or green semen can be caused by an infection, medication, or vitamins. Talk to your partner about any concerns you may have.
Semen tast according to WebMD can either be;
- Bitter or salty because of its higher ph level
- Sweet because it has fructose
- Metallic because it contains many vitamins and minerals
2) The easiest way to prevent any health complications caused by swallowing semen is to not have oral sex.
3) You can also put a condom over the penis to prevent the semen from being ejaculated into your mouth.
4) Another method is to stop giving oral sex before ejaculation occurs and finish stimulating your partner with your hand. This method requires you to trust your partner to warn you before they ejaculate.
5) If you or your partner want you to swallow their semen, you can ask for proof of a recent STI screening. But keep in mind that Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is undetectable in men. If you’re worried about a possible semen allergy, you can put a sample of your partner’s semen on your arm and watch for a reaction.